Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAn understanding of social policy is vital for engaging practically with social work values, and dealing with political and ethical questions about responsibility, rights and our understanding of 'the good society'. This textbook provides a comprehensive introduction to social policy, tailored to the needs of a social work audience. The new edition of this popular and accessible text analyses current policies and policy themes relevant to social work, and locates them in the context of fundamental social policy principles and debates. It discusses the nature of social policy and its relationship to social work, and covers essential themes such as: - service user participation and involvement - the balance between individual, societal and state responsibility for people's wellbeing - the interactions of the state, the private sector, voluntary organisations and the family - the relationships between needs, rights and choices - the purposes and challenges of professional social work - the meanings of 'equality', 'prevention' and 'personalisation'. Each chapter ends with activities for reflection and analysis, and suggestions for further reading. Social Work and Social Policy is invaluable for students undertaking social work qualifying courses, all of whom are required to demonstrate an understanding of the social policy contexts of practice.
- Author BiographyJonathan Dickens is Professor of Social Work at the University of East Anglia, UK. He is the author of another book in the Routledge Student Social Work series, Social Work, Law and Ethics.
- Author(s)Jonathan Dickens
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudent Social Work
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight418 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.