All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive book of its kind, Social Work in Health Settings presents a practice in context framework which is then applied in thirty-one casebook chapters, covering a great variety of health care settings from working with survivors of domestic violence through supporting people with HIV to services for military personnel. Reflecting the ermous changes in policy, health care delivery, insurance systems, and the diagsis and treatment of many conditions, this third edition features all new case chapters. Each chapter considers the impact of dimensions of context including policy, techlogy and organization on the client situation and then explores the key practice decisions that structure the helping relationship: the definition of the client; determining goals, objectives and contract; meeting place; use of time; strategies and interventions; stance of the social worker; use of resources outside of the social worker/client relationship; reassessment and evaluation; and transfer or termination. This thought-provoking volume thoroughly integrates social work theory and practice, and provides an excellent opportunity for understanding particular techniques and interventions. In this era of managed care, downsizing, and moving away from hospital-based work, the approach taken in Social Work in Health Settings proves more salient than ever before.
- Author BiographyToba Schwaber Kerson, D.S.W, Ph.D., is Mary Hale Chase Professor in the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research at Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. Judith L. M. McCoyd, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor at the Rutgers University School of Social Work in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Folio Associates,Judith L. M. McCoyd,Toba Schwaber Kerson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date11/11/2016
- Content Note8 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.