All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a new approach to help students to understand problematic substance use across a range of social work practice settings. Written from both an anti-discriminatory and evidence-based perspective, the book highlights successful responses to the issues. Each chapter includes reflective exercises and examples of further reading, challenging students to critically reflect on their practice. The book provides a detailed understanding of: Historical and current policy relating to prohibition and drug use A range of substances and their potential effects on service users Models of best practice including screening and assessment, brief intervention, motivation approaches and relapse prevention Particular issues and needs of a diverse range of service user groups This will be an essential text for social work students taking courses in substance use and addiction. It will also be valuable reading for qualified social workers and students taking related courses across the health and social care field.
- Author BiographyAnna Nelson is the programme Manager at Matua Raki, the National Addiction Workforce Development Centre in New Zealand and was formerly Senior Lecturer in Social Work at London South Bank University.
- Author(s)Anna Kasten Nelson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight386 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.