All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on children's narratives about their everyday life this book explores how children come to understand the process of socialization at home, at school and in the neighbourhood as an embodied and biographical experience.
- Author BiographyAllison James is Professor of Sociology and Co-Director of the Centre for the Study of Childhood and Youth at the University of Sheffield, UK and is also Professor II at the Norwegian Centre for Child Research in Trondheim, Norway. As one of the pioneers of the new social studies of childhood she has carried out extensive empirical and theoretical research into children's culture. Her previous publications include Constructing Childhood (with A. L. James), European Childhoods (with A. L. James) and Children, Food and Identity in Everyday Life (with A. Khorholt and V. Tingstad).
- Author(s)Allison James
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Childhood and Youth
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight400 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.