Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionSocializing on the Spectrum is a collection of activities used to teach social skills to students with autism. The activities included are structured to offer opportunities for discussing and practicing the skills being taught. They are created with the intent to help students develop an understanding of the skills and why they are important, rather than just showing compliance. The activities are designed to give meaning to the students participating in them. A Student Social Skill Assessment is included and can be used to assist with: identifying social skill deficits, tracking progress and writing IEP goals. Instructors have a choice of creating an individualized plan or can follow a 36 week unit plan, which are both outlined within the book. The social skill areas targeted in Socializing on the Spectrum are: accountability, attention, bullying, nverbal communication, verbal communication, compromising, understanding emotions, conversations, taking care of yourself, self-awareness and self-control, being polite, being respectful, generalization, cooperation and teamwork, expressing needs and connecting with others.
- Author BiographyS. D. Mataia has worked with students, ages 2-18, on the spectrum as well as students with other behavioral challenges for over a decade. She has worked in a variety of settings including: individualized home programs, a residential treatment center for youth at risk and as a teacher at a school specializing in helping students with autism and social needs. Her background is in recreational therapy and special education. She is also the author of Socializing on the Spectrum Student Workbook, The Untaught Lessons of Teaching and My Social Story.
- Author(s)S D Mataia M Ed/Spe
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.