All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSociolinguistics: The Essential Readings is a collection of classic articles that have helped define the field of sociolinguistics and provide the foundation for future research, paired with more recent articles which indicate the direction the field has taken. * Offers a collection of classic articles that helped to define the field of sociolinguistics paired with more contemporary articles. * Contextualizes the history of the subject matter and helps students understand the progression of intellectual development in the field. * Includes an editorial introduction written by two prominent researchers in the field, as well as recommendations for further readings.
- Author BiographyChristina Bratt Paulston is Professor Emerita of Linguistics at the University of Pittsburgh. Her publications include Linguistic Minorities of Central and Eastern Europe (edited with Don Peckham, 1998), Memories and Reflections (edited with G. Richard Tucker, 1997), and Sociolinguistic Perspectives on Bilingual Education (1992). G. Richard Tucker is Professor of Applied Linguistics and Head of the Department of Modern Languages at Carnegie Mellon University. He has published almost two hundred books, articles, and reviews concerning diverse aspects of second language learning and teaching, including The Bilingual Education of Children (1972).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/01/2003
- Series TitleLinguistics: The Essential Readings
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note38
- Weight914 g
- Width179 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChristina Bratt Paulston,G. Richard Tucker
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.