Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA lively, accessible and comprehensive introduction to the diverse ways of thinking about social life, Sociology: The Basics examines: * the scope, history and purpose of sociology * ways of understanding 'the social' * the state of the world we live in today * suffering and social inequalities * key tools for researching and thinking about 'the social' * the impact of new techlogies. The reader is encouraged to think critically about the structures, meanings, histories and cultures found in the rapidly changing world we live in. With tasks to stimulate the sociological mind and suggestions for further reading both within the text and on an accompanying webpage, this book is essential reading for all those studying sociology, and those with an interest in how the modern world works.
- Author BiographyKen Plummer is Emeritus Professor of Sociology at the University of Essex, UK and is internationally known for his research on sexualities and narrative. He is author of the best selling Sociology: A Global Introduction (with John Macionis, 5th edition, 2011).
- Author(s)Ken Plummer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2010
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.