All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new edition of this essential resource covers new and completely up-to-date sociological teaching, with the latest research, empirical studies and theoretical developments, includes new Chapter 'Development and Globalisation'. Selling over a million copies world-wide over 30 years. This eighth edition has been fully updated to give all the detail and depth needed. The new edition of this essential resource will enable you to: - Deliver new and completely up-to-date sociological teaching, with the latest research, empirical studies and theoretical developments - Major new section 'Globalisation' - Informative, clear and concise explanations of all sociological concepts and theories - Raise standards and engagement in the subject with an easy-to-follow format that makes understanding sociology easier for all your students.
- Author BiographyMichael Haralambos wrote the first two editions of Sociology Themes and Perspectives and contributed to later editions. Following the phenomenal success of the book he founded Causeway Press. He is an experienced author involved in writing and editing for Social Sciences. Martin Holborn is the main author of the previous five editions of Sociology Themes and Perspectives and a range of other sociology textbooks. He is an experienced A-level teacher and examiner, and is an Associate Lecturer in Social Sciences at The Open University. Steve Chapman is an ex-Chief Examiner of Sociology and has authored several textbooks over the past 12 years. He is the Head of Sociology at Notre Dame Catholic Sixth Form College in Leeds. Stephen Moore is a well-known textbook author and has contributed to previous editions of Sociology Themes and Perspectives. Dr Moore is Professor of Health Care Policy at Anglia Ruskin University.
- Author(s)Martin Holborn,Michael Haralambos
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleHaralambos and Holborn
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Educational
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1840 g
- Width192 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.