All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book of its kind, Sociology and the New Materialism explores the many and varied applications of new materialism, a key emerging trend in 21st century thought, to the practice of doing sociology. Offering a clear exposition of new materialist theory and using sociological examples throughout to enable the reader to develop a materialist sociological understanding, the book: * Outlines the fundamental precepts of new materialism * Explores how materialism provides new perspectives on the range of sociological topic areas * Explains how materialist approaches can be used to research sociological issues and also to engage with social issues. Sociology and the New Materialism is a clear and authoritative one-stop guide for advanced undergraduates and postgraduates in sociology, cultural studies, social policy and related disciplines.
- Author BiographyPam Alldred is reader in sociology and youth studies in the Department of Clinical Sciences, Brunel University London, UK. She has researched sexualities and sex & relationship education, gendered and sexual violence, and the views of children and young people, lesbian mothers and young mothers on inequalities and education and social policy issues.
- Author(s)Nick J. Fox,Pam Alldred
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight431 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.