Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.02+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThe seventh edition of this indispensable resource continues from strength to strength to provide a vibrant, engaging and authoritative introduction to sociology. Revised and updated throughout, it provides a commanding overview of recent global developments and new ideas in sociology. Classic debates are also given careful coverage, with even the most complex ideas explained in an engaging way. Written in a fluent, easy-to-follow style, the book manages to be intellectually rigorous but still very accessible. With a strong focus on interactive pedagogy, it aims to engage and excite readers, helping them to see the value of thinking sociologically. The seventh edition includes: * substantive new and improved material on the global financial crisis, recent social unrest (from student protests and austerity riots to the Arab Spring), the environment, new media techlogies, feminist social theory, intersectionality and shifting global power; * further revisions and updating in all the chapters; * a strong focus on global sociology, and the sociological imagination; * new fully developed end of chapter materials, inviting readers to engage with popular culture as well as original research articles to gather sociological insights; * specially chosen, eye-catching photographs, which capture the everyday drama of the social world; * all the quality pedagogical features from the previous edition, such as Classic Studies and Global Society boxes, and Thinking Critically reflection points. A best-selling textbook for nearly 25 years, the seventh edition sets the standard for introductory sociology. Complete with regularly updated extensive supporting resources at www.politybooks.com/giddens, it is the ideal teaching text for first-year university and college courses, and will help to inspire a new generation of sociologists.
- Author BiographyANTHONY GIDDENS is the former director of the London School of Economics and Political Science, and is now a member of the House of Lords. He is a very influential sociologist and social theorist, and his many books include The Third Way and The Consequences of Modernity. PHILIP W. SUTTON is an independent researcher, formerly of the University of Leeds and Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
- Author(s)Anthony Giddens,Philip W. Sutton
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. maps, col. ports.
- Weight2688 g
- Width196 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- gylee1210 Nov, 2016by
Very good, easy to read and understand.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- willinelso717 May, 2016by
Value for money!
This book doesn't look like a second hand item because it is still new. Felt like purchasing a new book with good price!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned