Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionWith invations in business and techlogy removing so many borders and lifting so many constraints, the questions that business professionals wrestle with move from ?How do we achieve things? to ?What do we do with all that power Best practices do t work anymore, they represent solutions for yesterday's problems. We need to question and redefine our business philosophy. In his fifth book, Socrates Reloaded, strategy author Frank Buytendijk meanders through 2,500 years of philosophy. In his inimitable style, Buytendijk is surprisingly practical, highly provocative, deeply insightful, very entertaining, and quite contrarian as he challenges common wisdom and beliefs. In a series of essays he explores how the old philosophers would have viewed modern themes in business and IT. Did Marx predict the end of the Internet giants? Are there moral limits to the power of analytics? What did Plato and Socrates have to say about governance and architecture? Do we depend too much on techlogy? This and more in Socrates Reloaded.
- Author BiographyFrank Buytendijk's professional background in strategy, performance management and organizational behavior gives him a strong perspective across many domains in business and IT. He is an exceptional speaker at conferences all over the world, and was recently called an intellectual provocateur and having an unusual warm tone of voice. His work is frequently labeled as provocative, deep, truly offering a different approach, and out-of-the-box. More down to earth, his daughter once described it as my daddy sits in airplanes, stands on stages, and tells jokes. Frank is also a visiting fellow at Cranfield University School of Management, a regular guest lecturer at London School of Economics, and a TDWI Fellow. Frank has published over 100 research papers and articles at Gartner, in professional journals, magazines and press, including the Balanced Scorecard Report (Harvard Business Press), Business Performance Management Magazine, CIO Magazine, and CFO Magazine. He has been quoted in newspapers and magazines all over the world, and appeared on RTL Television and CNBC. One of the case studies from his book Dealing with Dilemmas is also available as a Harvard Business Review case study.
- Author(s)Frank Buytendijk
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.