Softwar: An Intimate Portrait of Larry Ellison and Oracle by Larry Ellison, Matthew Symonds (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIn a business where great risks, huge fortunes, and even bigger egos are common, Larry Ellison stands out as one of the most outspoken, driven, and daring leaders of the software industry. The company he co-founded and runs, Oracle, is the number one business software company. Perhaps even more than Microsoft's, Oracle's products are essential to today's networked world. In Softwar, journalist Matthew Symonds gives readers exclusive and intimate insight into both Oracle and the man who made it and runs it. As well as relating the story of Oracle's often bumpy path to industry dominance, Symonds deals with the private side of Ellison's life. With unlimited insider access granted by Ellison himself, Symonds captures the intensity and, some would say, the recklessness that have made Ellison a legend. With a new and expanded epilogue for the paperback edition that tells the story behind Oracle's epic struggle to win control of PeopleSoft, Softwar is the most complete portrait undertaken of the man and his empire -- a unique and gripping account of both the way the computing industry really works and an extraordinary life.
- Author BiographyMatthew Symonds is the Technology and Communications Editor of The Economist. His past titles include Editorial Director and Executive Editor of The Independent, a newspaper which he co-founded, and Director of Strategy at BBC Worldwide. Symonds lives in London with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Larry Ellison,Matthew Symonds
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Australia
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationEast Roseville
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Australia
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight779 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.