All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.16Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionI N T R O D U C T I O N How to Perform Software Metrics is a plain-english, simplified version of IEEE Std 1061 Standard for a Software Metrics Methodology. This how to guide defines the standard for software quality metrics methodology. It is meant for people involved with the purchase, development, use, assistance, maintenance or review of soft-ware. The standard is especially directed at those measuring or reviewing the quality of software. S C O P E How to Perform Software Metrics supplies a methodology for founding quality requirements and recognising, implementing, analysing and validating process and product software quality metrics. This methodology applies to all software at all stages of any software life-cycle structure. Sections 1 through 4 provide, scope, definitions, and background information which is the basis of this standard; all parts of Section 5 are compulsory. Appendices A through D are incorporated for illustrative and reference reasons only. This how to guide does t assign specific metrics. However, the appendices include models of metrics together with a finalised example of the use of this standard. O B J E C T I V E S The objectives of How to Perform Software Metrics are to provide definitive software metrics reference to the following categories of person: - Purchasing/project managers to identify, state and priori-tise the quality requirements for a system. - System developers to identify definite features that should be assembled into the software in order to meet the quality requirements. - Quality audit/assurance/control company and a system developer to review whether the quality requirements are being met. - System maintainers to aid in change management during product development. - User to help in distinguishing the quality requirements for a system Contribution to IS Quality. Software metrics form an indispensable part of any software process improvement program. Without the means to measure improvements (or otherwise) in software quality, it cant be determined whether process improvement is being achieved. This how to guide is an valuable aid for project and quality managers to address the important process of keeping software metrics. It is is an easy to use checklist, as defined by IEEE Std 1061, and template to achieve this end.
- Author BiographyDavid Tuffley PhD is lecturer and researcher at Griffith University in Australia. David is a Software Engineer, though his interests range across Comparative Religion, Philosophy, Psychology, Anthropology, Literature, History, Design and Architecture. David has been an academic since 1999. For 15 years before academia David was a consultant for public and private sector IT clients in Australia and the United Kingdom. He combines theory and practice in a focussed and disciplined way that has proved effective for solving problems for clients.
- Author(s)Dr David Tuffley
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.