All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoil is key to sustaining life affecting air and water quality, the growth of plants and crops, and the health of the entire planet. Soil Chemistry 4e provides comprehensive coverage of the chemical interactions among organic and irganic solids, air, water, microorganisms, and the plant roots in soil. The fourth edition of Soil Chemistry has been revised and updated throughout and provides a basic description of important research and fundamental kwledge in the field. The text covers chemical processes that occur in soils, including: distribution and species of nutrients and contaminants in soils; aqueous chemistry of soil solutions and mineral dissolution; oxidation and reduction reactions in soils; soil mineral formation processes and properties; the formation and reactivity of soil organic matter; surface chemistry and cation, anion, and organic compound adsorption reactions; modelling soil chemical reactions; and reactions in acid and salt affected soils. Although extensively revised with updated figures and tables, the fourth edition maintains the focus on introductory soil chemistry that has distinguished earlier editions. New chapters on properties of elements relevant to soil chemistry, and a chapter with special focus on soil surface characteristics have been added. Special Topics boxes are also included in the Fourth Edition that includes examples, teworthy topics, and case studies. End of chapter questions are included as a resource for teaching.
- Author BiographyDr. Daniel G. Strawn is a Professor of Soil Chemistry in the Plant, Soil, and Entomological Sciences Department at the University of Idaho in Moscow. Dr. Hinrich L. Bohn is a Professor Emeritus in the Department of Soil, Water, and Environmental Science at the University of Arizona, Tucson. Dr. George A. O Connor is a Professor in the Soil and Water Science Department at the University of Florida in Gainesville.
- Author(s)Daniel G. Strawn,George A. O'Connor,Hinrich L. Bohn
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/06/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight682 g
- Width189 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.