All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSave time and effort with this practical guide to all aspects of water and soil conservation Soil and Water Conservation Handbook is a concise, compact encyclopedia of the policies, practices, conditions, and terms related to soil and/or water conservation. This handy A-to-Z guide contains descriptions of more than 700 entries, presented in a practical, n-technical format that's suitable for beginners as well as experts. It's a ready reference source of information for researchers, extension agents, policymakers, academics, and anyone else concerned about soil and water conservation. Internationally acclaimed soil scientist Dr. Paul Unger has called on his 35 years experience researching the effects of tillage, crop residues, and soil management as well as his observations in more than 40 countries to assemble a resource on soil and water conservation that's concise but comprehensive. Sources for the book's main and secondary entries--many of which are cross-referenced--include technical journals, bulletins, reports, farm magazines, commercial leaflets, books, and Internet resources. Soil and Water Conservation Handbook also includes a detailed table of contents and an index, allowing quick and easy access to any entry. Soil and Water Conservation Handbook includes entries that cover: * climate characteristics * cropping systems and sequences * erosion types * human factors * management issues * planting and seeding methods * crop residue types and management practices * soil and land conditions * tillage methods * water control practices * and much moreSoil and Water Conservation Handbook is an invaluable reference for researchers, agricultural extension agents, Natural Resource Conservation Service personnel, educators and students, land managers, and farmers.
- Author(s)Paul W. Unger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.