All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book goes on a journey underground to examine the many kinds of soil, microorganisms and irganic matter that make it, and the critical role it plays in ecosystems around the world. Most people don't think about the soil under their feet, but basic dirt can reveal a lot about Earth's past. Soil is formed from tiny grains of rock that existed many years ago. It can also form in the wake of landslides, volcaes, and everyday weathering. Helpful diagrams, fact boxes, and sidebars support the information-rich text, which supports KS2 and KS3 science curriculum, and colourful images will keep readers engaged from start to finish.
- Author BiographyRichard Spilsbury has worked in educational publishing for more than 20 years and has written on a variety of subjects, from climate change and food and farming to art history and design.
- Author(s)Richard Spilsbury
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication08/12/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleEarth Rocks
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight378 g
- Width221 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $130.02
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.