All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of disarming poems by an Austrian American that speaks like map ponderings along the route of blue highways. His slightly estranged journey follows neighborhood streets to downtown hotels and interstates toward a zen that is t Zen, but found by singing in a lawnchair in a backyard in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Scenes and events of daily life are recorded from a still center amid the flux of our vida loca. With a language precise in construction, the agile wit of these poems conveys a conversation with the Muse of glimpse and sagacity. Reading Joe Somozas poems opens us up like an encounter with classic Chinese poets such as Tao Chien or Li-powithin domestic observance are the quiet profundities which cause even the dust to glow.
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/12/1997
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Weight164 g
- Width154 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.