All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSolar sail techlogy is very close to becoming an engineering reality and it will soon be used in the exploration of the solar system and beyond. This fascinating book provides an accessible introduction to solar sails and details how they work and what they will be used for in the exploration of space. It also examines current plans for solar sails and how advanced techlogy, such as natechlogy, might enhance their performance. Coverage shows how solar sail propulsion will make space exploration more affordable and demonstrates how access to destinations within (and beyond) the solar system will become within reach.
- Author(s)Giovanni Vulpetti,Gregory L. Matloff,Les Johnson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/07/2008
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Out-of-print date25/09/2014
- Content Note76 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight584 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.