All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- Descriptionconcert at Dinkelspiel Auditorium 'An Evening of Songs and Arias' hosted by Dr Kip Cranna of San Francisco Opera, produced and directed by Elizabeth Tucker, and featuring sopra Ellie Holt Murray, mezzo-sopra Marsha Sims; ter Richard Walker, and baritone David Taft Kekuewa, with pia accompaniment by Mark Haffner, staff coach for San Francisco Opera. Two scientific themes clearly emerged from this conference: (1) the key to progress in flare research lies in a multispectral approach with as much temporal resolution as the photon fluxes allow; and (2) the key to understanding the physics lies in a dynamic interaction between solar and stellar investigations and investigators. During the eight sessions solar and stellar topics were balanced and intermixed in 33 invited and oral presentations. We are particularly pleased that these proceedings will be the springboard to publication of solar-stellar articles in the journal Solar Physics. In addition, 115 very exciting posters were also displayed and a companion volume containing many of these is available as a publication of the Catania Astrophysical Observatory. We dedicate this book to the Solar Maximum Mission and to the Flare Star Consor- tium. To all our solar-stellar friends and colleagues: 'Thank you!' BERNHARD M. HAISCH and MARCELLO RODONO 28 March. 1989 AN OVERVIEW OF SOLAR AND STELLAR FLARE RESEARCH BERNHARD M. HAlSCH Div. 91-30. Bldg. 255. Lockheed Palo Alto Research Laboratory. 3251 Haver St .* Palo Alto. CA 94304. U.S.A.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight795 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byBernhard M. Haisch,M. Rodono
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.