All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, campaigns have been galvanised to 'save the High Street'. It seems everyone has a view about how we can revamp our down-at-heel towns and cities. But are they missing the point? Veteran retailer Bill Grimsey argues that it is already too late. The High Street, that we have grown to kw and love, is as good as dead already. The indisputable truth is British towns and cities are losing their identity and dying off. Independent stores that were once vital to the fabric of towns are disappearing at a rate of 50 shops a week. Some towns w have as many as 24 per cent of their shops shuttered. The time has w come to work out what happened, learn lessons from our mistakes and find a new way forward to make new and invative use of our shattered town centres. Have our shopping preferences created the High Street we w deserve?
- Author BiographyIn Sold Out, Bill Grimsey uses insight gained from 45 years in the forefront of retailing at store giants, which include Tesco, Wickes, Iceland and Focus DIY, to expose the real reasons for the position we find ourselves in today.
- Author(s)Bill Grimsey
- PublisherFilament Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFilament Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.