All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.34Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe first full biography of Colin Powell, from his Bronx childhood to his military career to his controversial tenure as secretary of state, with a new afterword detailing his life after the Bush White House. Over the course of a lifetime of service to his country, Colin Powell became a national hero, a beacon of wise leadership and one of the most trusted political figures in America. In <i>Soldier</i>, the award-winning <i>Washington Post</i> editor Karen DeYoung takes us from Powell s humble roots as the son of Jamaican immigrants to his meteoric rise through the military ranks during the Cold War and Desert Storm to his agonizing deliberations over whether to run for president. Culminating in his stint as Secretary of State in the Bush Administration and his role in making the case for war with Iraq, this is a sympathetic but objective portrait of a great but fallible man.
- Author Biography<b>Karen DeYoung</b> has worked at <i>The Washington Post </i>since 1975. She has held a number of positions, including her current slot as associate editor. She also has served as assistant managing editor for national news, national editor, London bureau chief, foreign editor, and Latin America bureau chief. She has won a number of awards, including the 2003 Edward Weintal Award for Diplomatic Reporting, Sigma Delta Chi awards for investigative reporting and foreign reporting, and a Pulitzer Prize she shared with several <i>Washington Post </i>colleagues for national coverage of the war on terrorism. She lives in the D.C. area, with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Karen de Young
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf
- Date of Publication06/11/2007
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight810 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.