All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn October 1939, barely a month after World War II erupted in Europe, Ron Pottinger was conscripted into the British Army as a rifleman in the Royal Fusiliers. A year later, amidst pilot shortages due to losses during the Battle of Britain, he transferred to the Royal Air Force, where he began flying the 7.5-ton Hawker Typhoon fighter. He flew dozens of dangerous ground-attack missions over occupied Europe through bad weather, heavy flak, and enemy fighters before being shot down in early 1945 and ending the war in a German prisoner of war camp.
- Author BiographyRon Pottinger served for six years during World War II, most of it flying combat missions in the Royal Air Force. He lives in England.
- Author(s)Ronald William Pottinger
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication10/04/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleStackpole Military History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note30 b/w photos
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.