All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1775, at the beginning of the American War of Independence, the men who stood up to the British Regulars were men and boys, farmers, laborers, and artisans. Most procured their own weapons and fought without pay against overwhelming odds. Th is book offers modern readers a colorful glimpse into the day-to-day conditions of an average soldier through photographs of actual artifacts and exacting, historically accurate reproductions of soldiers' clothing, supplies, and equipment. While other books examine the American Revolution from a political, military, or tactical perspective, this book focuses on day-to-day life and the human experience of the Revolutionary War soldier, the everyman who fought and won freedom for us all.
- Author BiographyDenis Hambucken is an advertising and design professional who combines his passions for design, photography, and New England to write books about woodworking, crafts, and history. A native of Belgium, Hambucken now lives in New Hampshire. Bill Payson has been a historical reenactor for 18 years, focusing on the American Revolution and the 100 years prior to it. His passion for history has led him to pursue his current path as a history consultant. Payson lives in New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Bill Payson,Denis Hambucken
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note30+ full-color photographs
- Weight240 g
- Width180 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.