CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
About this product
- Description<b>Nominated for a Christy Award</b><b>Two boys, two fathers scarred by war. Who will survive?</b> Junior Thompson, son of a freed slave, and Webbie Henderson, son of a wealthy family, cross a forbidden boundary between their properties and forge an unlikely friendship in the years that culminate in the Civil War. Young as they are, both must become the men of their families when their fathers are called to battle. When the war comes to their hometown of Carlisle and nearby Gettysburg, will they survive? An historically authentic, fast-paced, multicultural family saga, <i>Soldier's Heart</i> takes place over a fifteen-year period, culminating on April 9, 1865: Junior Thompson's twelfth birthday, and also the day General Lee will surrender, formally ending the Civil War. Though the victory of the war may be at hand, this unforgettable story reveals how the private battles of the heart rage on. <i>Soldier's Heart</i> is inspired by the untold true story of the Thompsons, a black family, and the Hendersons, a white family, who lived as neighbors in Carlisle, PA. The author is their direct descendant.
- Author BiographyMichele McKnight Baker is an author, speaker, and Director of Advancement for The Salvation Army, York, PA. She holds a PhD in anthropology research and organizational studies. She is a former journalist with her own marketing and strategic planning consultancy. She won awards in the Salvation Army's national writers' contest in both non-fiction and fiction, an excerpt from <i>Soldier's Heart</i> garnering the fiction prize.
- Author(s)Michele McKnight Baker
- PublisherHeritage Beacon Fiction
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeritage Beacon Fiction
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.