All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionFor much of the Civil War, Virginia civilians struggled to keep their homes intact as they faced the threat of Union soldiers on their doorsteps. In this revised and expanded second edition compilation of stories passed down by word-of-mouth from the generation that experienced that divisive war, Larry Chowning shows his talent for capturing the flavour of an era and the essence of its people. The stories of everyday life in a war zone show t just the fear but the courage, the defiance, and the ingenuity the people of the Tidewater region displayed in difficult circumstances. While these chronicles are Southern, the same sort of narrative could have come from people in Pennsylvania, where Southern troops roamed.
- Author BiographyLarry Chowning of Urbanna, Virginia, is an award-winning reporter who has been covering the Chesapeake Bay's fisheries for regional and national periodicals for over three decades. As field editor for National Fisherman, he has traveled extensively in Maryland and Virginia.
- Author(s)Larry S. Chowning
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note39 colour & b/w illus
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.