All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe lessons in this fundamental text equip students with the theory of Computer Assisted Design (CAD), Computer Assisted Engineering (CAE), the essentials of Rapid Prototyping, as well as practical skills needed to apply this understanding in real world design and manufacturing settings. The book includes three main areas: CAD, CAE, and Rapid Prototyping, each enriched with numerous examples and exercises. In the CAD section, Professor Um outlines the basic concept of geometric modeling, Hermite and Bezier Spline curves theory, and 3-dimensional surface theories as well as rendering theory. The CAE section explores mesh generation theory, matrix tion for FEM, the stiffness method, and truss Equations. And in Rapid Prototyping, the author illustrates stereo lithographic theory and introduces popular modern RP techlogies. Solid Modeling and Applications: Rapid Prototyping, CAD and CAE Theory is ideal for university students in various engineering disciplines as well as design engineers involved in product design, analysis, and validation.
- Author BiographyDugan Um achieved his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. Sensitive robotic skin for unknown environments motion planning was the subject of his dissertation. After he received his degree, he joined Caterpillar Inc. as a senior research engineer and worked for about 4 years at Caterpillar R&D group. Currently, he is at Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi delivering his 4 years of engineering experiences into classes. His research areas include CAD/CAM, robotic motion planning, 3D sensing, UAV control, and MEMS technology. He is currently an associate professor of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Author(s)Dugan Um
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight695 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.