Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionSolid state magnetism is important and attempts to understand magnetic properties have led to an increasingly deep insight into the fundamental make up of solids. Both experimental and theoretical research into magnetism continue to be very active, yet there is still much ground to cover before there can be a full understanding. There is a strong interplay between the developments of materials science and of magnetism. Hundreds of new materials have been dis- covered, often with previously ubserved and puzzling magnetic prop- erties. A large and growing techlogy exists that is based on the magnetic properties of materials. Very many devices used in everyday life involve magnetism and new applications are being invented all the time. Under- standing the fundamental background to the applications is vital to using and developing them. The aim of this book is to provide a simple, up-to-date introduction to the study of solid state magnetism, both intrinsic and technical. It is designed to meet the needs and interests of advanced undergraduate students reading physics; of postgraduates in physical and materials sciences and in engineering; and also those of the practising scientist specializing in ather area who requires an introduction to magnetism.
- Author(s)John Crangle
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/12/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight343 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.