All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a supplement to the textbook <i>Basic Technical Japanese</i>. It introduces 100 new kanji and more than 700 new words and phrases that appear frequently in documents dealing with solid-state physics. The text offers ten lessons, each presenting key vocabulary and ten new kanji that reappear in the exercises for that lesson and in subsequent lessons, reinforcing learning. The exercises emphasize vocabulary building, kanji recognition, definition matching, and translation skills. An introductory lesson reviews the katakana and hiragana writing systems. The lessons in this book have been keyed to the final ten chapters of <i>Basic Technical Japanese</i>, so that students can use the two volumes together to build a Japanese vocabulary and to practice translation related to solid-state physics and engineering.
- Author BiographyCraig T. Van Degrift is a physicist with more than thirty publications on condensed matter physics and the founder of Kanji-Flash Softworks, which publishes Japanese-language instructional software. He is the creator of Kanji-Flash/BTJ, a software package providing flash-card lessons for Basic Technical Japanese, distributed by the University of Wisconsin Press.
- Author(s)Craig T.Van Degrift
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication31/03/1995
- LanguageEnglish & Japanese
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight245 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.