All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $68.04Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis IMA Volume in Mathematics and its Applications SOLITONS IN PHYSICS, MATHEMATICS, AND NONLINEAR OPTICS is based on the proceedings of two workshops which were an integral part of the 1988-89 IMA program on NONLINEAR WAVES. The workshops focussed on the main parts of the theory of solitons and on the applications of solitons in physics, biology and engineering, with a special concentration on nlinear optics. We thank the Coordinating Committee: James Glimm, Daniel Joseph, Barbara Keyfitz, An- Majda, Alan Newell, Peter Olver, David Sattinger and David Schaeffer for drew planning and implementing the stimulating year-long program. We especially thank the Workshop Organizers for Solitons in Physics and Mathematics, Alan Newell, Peter Olver, and David Sattinger, and for Nonlinear Optics and Plasma Physics, David Kaup and Yuji Kodama for their efforts in bringing together many of the major figures in those research fields in which solitons in physics, mathematics, and nlinear optics theories are used. A vner Friedman Willard Miller, Jr. PREFACE This volume includes some of the lectures given at two workshops, Solitons in Physics and Mathematics and Solitons in Nonlinear Optics and Plasma Physics held during the 1988-89 LM. A. year on Nonlinear Waves. Since their discovery by Kruskal and Zabusky in the early 1960's, solitons have had a profound impact on many fields, ranging from engineering and physics to algebraic geometry.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- Series TitleThe IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byDavid H. Sattinger,Peter J. Olver
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.