Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionIntended as an introduction to robot mechanics for students of mechanical, industrial, electrical, and bio-mechanical engineering, this graduate text presents a wide range of approaches and topics. It avoids formalism and proofs but netheless discusses advanced concepts and contemporary applications. It will thus also be of interest to practicing engineers. The book begins with kinematics, emphasizing an approach based on rigid-body displacements instead of coordinate transformations; it then turns to inverse kinematic analysis, presenting the widely used Pieper-Roth and zero-reference-position methods. This is followed by a discussion of workplace characterization and determination. One focus of the discussion is the motion made possible by sperical and other vel wrist designs. The text concludes with a brief discussion of dynamics and control. An extensive bibliography provides access to the current literature.
- Author(s)Krishna C. Gupta
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMechanical Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight114 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.