All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea for this book was developed in the seminar on problems of con- tinuum mechanics, which has been active for more than twelve years at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague. This seminar has been pursuing recent directions in the development of mathe- matical applications in physics; especially in continuum mechanics, and in techlogy. It has regularly been attended by upper division and graduate students, faculty, and scientists and researchers from various institutions from Prague and elsewhere. These seminar participants decided to publish in a self-contained mograph the results of their individual and collective efforts in developing applications for the theory of variational inequalities, which is currently a rapidly growing branch of modern analysis. The theory of variational inequalities is a relatively young mathematical discipline. Apparently, one of the main bases for its development was the paper by G. Fichera (1964) on the solution of the Sigrini problem in the theory of elasticity. Later, J. L. Lions and G. Stampacchia (1967) laid the foundations of the theory itself. Time-dependent inequalities have primarily been treated in works of J. L. Lions and H. Bnlzis. The diverse applications of the variational in- equalities theory are the topics of the well-kwn mograph by G. Du- vaut and J. L. Lions, Les iniquations en micanique et en physique (1972).
- Author(s)I. Hlavacek,J. Haslinger,J. Necas,Jan Lovisek
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/07/1988
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.66
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight413 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.