All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis third volume of four finishes the program begun in Volume 1 by describing all the most important techniques, mainly based on Grobner bases, which allow one to manipulate the roots of the equation rather than just compute them. The book begins with the 'standard' solutions (Gianni-Kalkbrener Theorem, Stetter Algorithm, Cardinal-Mourrain result) and then moves on to more invative methods (Lazard triangular sets, Rouillier's Rational Univariate Representation, the TERA Kronecker package). The author also looks at classical results, such as Macaulay's Matrix, and provides a historical survey of elimination, from Bezout to Cayley. This comprehensive treatment in four volumes is a significant contribution to algorithmic commutative algebra that will be essential reading for algebraists and algebraic geometers.
- Author BiographyTeo Mora is a Professor of Algebra in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Genoa.
- Author(s)Teo Mora
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/08/2015
- Series TitleEncyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number157
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus.
- Weight630 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.