Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.22Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionPell's Equation is a very simple Diophantine equation that has been kwn to mathematicians for over 2000 years. Even today research involving this equation continues to be very active, as can be seen by the publication of at least 150 articles related to this equation over the past decade. However, very few modern books have been published on Pell's Equation, and this will be the first to give a historical development of the equation, as well as to develop the necessary tools for solving the equation. The authors provide a friendly introduction for advanced undergraduates to the delights of algebraic number theory via Pell's Equation. The only prerequisites are a basic kwledge of elementary number theory and abstract algebra. There are also numerous references and tes for those who wish to follow up on various topics.
- Author(s)Hugh Williams,Michael Jacobson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- Series TitleCMS Books in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight716 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.