All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides readers with a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of the spate of piracy and terrorism plaguing the waters of Somalia and the global threat posed by this activity. Contesting the commonly held perception that the piracy and terrorism occurring in Somalia are two separate and unrelated activities, Daniels reveals how the collapse of the Somali state and the chaos that has ensued created the environment for piracy and terrorism to flourish in combination. He also tes how the failure to restore a functioning central government has allowed both to become dangerous threats t only to the people of Somalia but the entire world.
- Author BiographyChristopher L. Daniels, Ph.D., is professor at Florida A&M University with an appointment to its Center for Global Security and International Affairs. He has previously served as professor at Georgetown University.
- Author(s)Christopher L. Daniels
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGlobal Flashpoints: A Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 5 tables
- Weight372 g
- Width151 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.