All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionAs the poets wrote of every aspect of the World War II so their artist contemporaries captured scenes of both chaos and compassion, horror and humour, which sometimes words could describe. Paul Nash's battle, torn wastelands portray a savage world, far removed from the gentle landscapes evoked longingly by his brother John. The lonely torment of the women at home depicted by artists such as Harold Gilman is less moving than the images of suffering in the trenches by CRW Nevinson, Stanley Spencer and Percy Wyndham Lewis.
- PublisherGalileo Publishers
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGalileo Publishers
- Content Note1
- Weight409 g
- Width177 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJames Bentley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.