All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionWriting for his grandchildren at his eightieth birthday Perce describes his boyhood dreaming when spending days and nights cruising New Zealand's Tauranga Harbour in a 10 foot sailing dinghy. He goes on to describe how those dreams came true with many voyages to the islands of the South Pacific, solo around New Zealand, solo return to Australia and as skipper or crew on different boats. Spanning some 70 years of sailing this book gives an unusual appreciation of the fascination of cruising. In this time the centuries-old methods of navigation have been replaced by GPS and Chartplotters. Rigs have changed. Reefing has been revolutionised. Autopilots have been nearly perfected. But people and the sea have stayed the same. Perce makes many observations which will help others who want to get the same joy and understanding from the sea.
- Author BiographyPerce was born in New Zealand, graduated as a Chemical Engineer and Mathematician then worked for an ICI company which sent him and his wife to the UK where he was exposed to early commercial computers. He later started the first computer software company in New Zealand and grew it to have branches in Australia, the USA and China. After 21 years the company failed following the 1987 share market crash. His wife, children and sailing kept him sane. His later life has had more sailing and various smaller projects including standing for Parliament and acting as an Arbitrator and Mediator. He says he is getting older, slower, weaker and more stupid but expects to go on sailing for another decade or more.
- Author(s)MR Perce W Harpham,Perce W Harpham
- PublisherHarpham & Co. Ltd.
- Date of Publication04/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarpham & Co. Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.