All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.23
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.53
About this product
- DescriptionSomebody Cares explores the feelings and thoughts many kids have when they've had to look out for themselves or be alone much of the time. A useful book to read with a caring adult - such as a parent, foster parent, kinship parent, or therapist - Somebody Cares reassures children who have experienced neglect that they are t to blame for what happened in their family, and that they can feel good about themselves for many reasons. It takes time for kids to get used to changes in their family or living situation, even when they are good changes. This book will help kids learn some ways to feel safer, more relaxed, and more confident. An extensive Note to Parents and Caregivers, including a list of helpful resources, is available.
- Author BiographySusan Farber Straus, PhD, is a clinical child psychologist who has worked for the past 27 years with young children, many of whom have been neglected or experienced other forms of trauma. Following her education at Cornell University and Ohio State, and internship at McLean Hospital, she worked in both private practice and residential treatment settings. She is currently senior psychologist at Catholic Charities Child and Family Services in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. She and her husband have two daughters, now grown, and three grandchildren.
- Author(s)Susan Farber Straus
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Claire Keay
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.