All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionMy first office comprised three rooms; I left behind fourteen offices in the UK and thirteen overseas. My first year's fee income was GBP12,500 compared with over GBP30m when I left thirty-three years later. This fascinating autobiography of both the man and his company is a masterclass in establishing, developing and expanding a business, with all the rationale thrown in. Who would think a book about dispute resolution in the building industry could be so riveting? The mysteries of quantity surveying, dispute management, arbitration and adjudication have never been explained better. A born decision-maker, the author takes us through his years of experience in running seminars on his chosen business which expanded internationally under his control. He tells how he ensured success through his instinctive crucial choice of employees. The story of the company is illustrated with actual case studies. An absolute must for students of dispute resolution in industry.
- Author BiographyRoger Knowles was born in 1937 in Warrington and raised during World War II and the early post war years. He left school at 16 years of age and commenced work as a trainee Quantity Surveyor. He secured his qualification as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor through study using a distance learning course. In his late twenties he qualified as a Barrister, again by means of distance learning course. He founded James R Knowles in 1973, a company of Construction Disputes Resolution Consultants offering a one-stop shop which was the first in its field. This became the only alternative method of formally resolving disputes in the construction industry, without the need to employ a firm of Solicitors. The company became a worldwide phenomenon.
- Author(s)Roger Knowles
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Weight390 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.