All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b><i>NEW YORK TIMES </i>BESTSELLER</b> From Lauren Graham, the beloved star of <i>Gilmore Girls </i>and<i> Parenthood, </i> comes a witty, charming, and hilariously relatable debut vel about a struggling young actress trying to get ahead―and keep it together―in New York City. It's January 1995, and Franny Banks has just six months left of the three-year deadline she set for herself when she came to New York, dreaming of Broadway and doing important work. But all she has to show for her efforts so far is a part in an ad for ugly Christmas sweaters, and a gig waiting tables at a comedy club. Her roommates―her best friend Jane, and Dan, an aspiring sci-fi writer―are supportive, yet Franny kws a two-person fan club doesn't exactly count as success. Everyone tells her she needs a backup plan, and though she can almost picture moving back home and settling down with her perfectly nice ex-boyfriend, she's t ready to give up on her goal of having a career like her idols Diane Keaton and Meryl Streep. Not just yet. But while she dreams of filling their shoes, in the meantime, she'd happily settle for a speaking part in almost anything--and finding a hair product combination that works. Everything is riding on the upcoming showcase for her acting class, where she'll finally have a chance to perform for people who could actually hire her. And she can't let herself be distracted by James Franklin, a torious flirt and the most successful actor in her class, even though he's suddenly started paying attention. Meanwhile, her bank account is rapidly dwindling, her father wants her to come home, and her agent doesn't return her calls. But for some reason, she keeps believing that she just might get what she came for. <i>Someday, Someday, Maybe</i> is a story about hopes and dreams, being young in a city, and wanting something deeply, madly, desperately. It's about finding love, finding yourself, and perhaps most difficult of all in New York City, finding an acting job. <b><b>Look for special features inside. Join the Random House Reader's Circle for author chats and more.</b><i></i></b> A winning, entertaining read . . . [Lauren Graham] has smartly mined just the right details from her own experience, infusing her work with crackling dialogue and observations about show business that ring funny and true. <b>--<i>The Washington Post</i></b> A charmer of a first vel . . . [Graham] has an easy, unforced style and, when the situation calls for it, a keen sense of the ridiculous. <b>--<i>The Wall Street Journal</i></b><i></i> With insight, care, and an abundance of humor . . . Graham demonstrates that her acting chops are t her only talent. <b><i>--Library Journal</i></b><i></i> Thoroughly charming. <b><i>--Entertainment Weekly</i></b><b><i></i></b> Sweet, funny, and full of heart . . . a dazzling debut. <b>--Emily Giffin</b>, <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of <i>Something Borrowed</i> and <i>Where We Belong</i> Warm and funny, charming and smart. <b>--Diane Keaton</b>, <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of <i>Then Again</i> Graham deftly captures what it's like to be young, ambitious, and hopeful in New York City. <b>--Candace Bushnell</b>, <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of <i>Sex and the City</i> and <i>The Carrie Diaries</i><b></b> Fresh and funny and full of zingers, Lauren Graham's charming writing style instantly drew me in. <b>--Meg Cabot</b>, bestselling author of the Princess Diaries and Heather Wells Mystery series
- Author Biography<b>Lauren Graham</b> is an actress best known for her roles on the critically acclaimed series <i>Gilmore Girls</i> and <i>Parenthood</i>. She has performed on Broadway and appeared in such films as<i> Bad Santa, Evan Almighty, </i> and <i>Because I Said So</i>. She holds a BA in English from Barnard College and an MFA in acting from Southern Methodist University. She lives in New York and Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Lauren Graham
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight272 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $11.44Trending at AU $14.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.