All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionLike Joseph Bernardin, people with illness or disability first need to resolve the ever-important 'Why?' question. Like Julian of Norwich, they need to find the spiritual meaning in living with illness. Also, they need to kw the profound spiritual power of the redemptive aspect of suffering as Caryll Houselander so often stressed. from the Introduction Come find comfort in your time of need with 11 inspiring and faith-filled spiritual companions. These holy men and women, each from a different background and time period, suffered illness or disability, and through prayer found acceptance, strength and hope. Author Janice McGrane gives a biographical sketch of each spiritual companion and then shares how each companion faced adversity in physical, mental and emotional pain. As you journey through your own pair walk a difficult path with a loved oneyou will want to look to these spiritual companions and their stories to find your own meaning in suffering.
- Author BiographyJANICE MCGRANE, S.S.J., is a spiritual director, disability advocate and computer instructor in Flourtown, Pennsylvania. She earned her B.A. in English in 1972 and her M.A. in spiritual direction in 1998. She has lived with rheumatoid arthritis for many years.
- Author(s)Janice McGrane
- PublisherServant Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServant Books
- Weight263 g
- Width142 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.