All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionEditor Gillian Kendall has brought together in Something to Declare a collection of impressionistic, literary travel essays that explore the sense of place and the pull of wanderlust, and reveal what happens when a traveler follows her heart. On these pages, established and emerging lesbian travel writers present accounts ranging from the poetic and internal to the exhilarating and life-altering. Rather than reporting on places to stay, local fare, or politics, these women share personal stories of exploration and adventure. Lucy Jane Bledsoe and her partner camp out and negotiate their way through the Tierra del Fuego in Fruits at the Border . Leslea Newman's Bashert tells the retrospective journey of a college graduate undergoing a simultaneous awakening of her sexuality and artistic talent while working on a kibbutz in Israel. Lori Soderlind's Hot Springs, Montana describes her return - with the help of a native woman - to the place in Montana where her family once made their home. Whether set in Italian changing rooms, a Cadillac hearse, an ashram, a medieval labyrinth, a wheelchair, or a kayak, and whether amid Japanese typhoons, Caribbean rain, or rare Irish sunshine, Something to Declare offers stories of reflection, challenge, and growth.
- Author BiographyGilliam Kendall is a freelance writer who lives in Melbourne, Australia. Her work has appeared in many publications, including The Sun magazine, Glamour, Girlfriends, and Curve. She is author of Mr. Ding's Chicken Feet and coauthor of How I Became a Human Being, both published by the University of Wisconsin Press.
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationMadison
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTerrace Books
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byGillian Kendall
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.