All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of an iParenting Media Award, this adorable picture book shows readers the challenges that children with autism face and the obstacles they overturn. It is lovingly written in the perspective of three-year-old Foster, who explains his experiences with his older brother, Gavin, who has autism. Vibrant photographs bring you right into their living room, school, and playground. Foster's incent approach is perfect for teaching others what autism is all about, and for letting other siblings of children with autism kw that they are t alone. Angie Healy, the boys' mother, provides a how-to section at the end so families can create their own personalized books.
- Author BiographyAngie Healy is a high school English teacher at Flower Mound High School in Texas. A graduate of Arizona State University, she has worked in the education field for the past twelve years as a middle school teacher, preschool director, and senior high teacher. She is the mother of the two young boys photographed in her book. Her biggest and most rewarding challenge in life has been the birth of her son Gavin; she finds him fascinating. He has enabled her to see life through different eyes and has helped her to become a better teacher.
- Author(s)Angie Healy
- PublisherFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/01/2005
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.