All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBravery has many meanings. Jerome's mom is a sailor. When her ship is in home port, she and Jerome bake cookies, read books together, and take their dog, Duffy, for walks. When his mom's ship goes to sea, she gives Jerome a hug and says, Be brave, Jerome. I'll be back as soon as I can. Jerome doesn't feel brave at all. But he does what he needs to do every day--goes to school, helps his dad with chores, and takes care of Duffy. Then one day he learns that bravery means something very different than he thought it did. Pat Brisson's endearing story, a Society of School Librarians International Hor Book and lovingly illustrated by France Brassard, shows how a Navy family adjusts to life while mom is serving at sea.
- Author BiographyPat Brisson is a winner of a Christopher Award for The Summer My Father Was Ten and has written a number of books for children. She lives in Phillipsburg, New Jersey. France Brassard's illustrations have appeared on book jackets, posters, greeting cards, and in picture books published in Canada, the United States, and Europe. She lives in St-Armand, Quebec, Canada.
- Author(s)Pat Brisson
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width234 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)France Brassard
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $49.20
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.