All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the great losses of Gettysburg and Vicksburg, the Confederacy called a large conscription of men and boys from 16 to 50 years of age. Young Stephen Whitlock and his brother John were eligible for conscription. But their father a top sergeant in an Alabama Cavalry unit had other ideas... Boys, I come to git yall. They have called ather conscription and both of you are of age. I'll t have some Tom Fool of a General, like Bragg git yall kilt. You'll ride with me. Now, git yer extry socks and a shirt, yore momma is fixin yall a bed roll apiece. I'll equip ya when we git to camp. Now git ta doin, we got miles to ride. With that, a smile, a hug, a prayer and a fare thee well from the girls, John and I became Confederate cavalrymen, but t regular cavalrymen. We were told we were Partisan Rangers...
- Author BiographyAuthor Stephen Whitlock is a Retired State Park Ranger, an avid Civil War history buff and currently is active in Civil War Reenacting. I learned my family military history during the Civil War and had to learn more, my book follows the path one of my GG Grandfathers followed during the War for Southern Independence.
- Author(s)MR Stephen D Whitlock
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.