All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionEngland, 1337: Edward III is beset on all sides, plagued by debt and surrounded by doubters. He refuses to pay homage to the newly crowned Philip Valois of France and seeks to secure his French holdings, but he's outmanned. Philip can put 50,000 men in the field, but he is having his own problems: he has summoned the angels themselves to fight for France, but the angels refuse to fight. Both kings send priests far and wide, seeking holy relics and heavenly beings to take up the cause of their country, but God remains stubbornly silent, refusing to grant favor to either side. Meanwhile, among the poor and downtrodden, heretical whispers are taking hold: what if God-who has never been seen to do anything for them-is t the rightful leader of the heavens after all? And as Edward's situation becomes increasingly desperate, even his counselors begin to believe that if God won't listen, perhaps they can find a savior t from Heaven, but from Hell. In a sweeping tale packed with courtiers and kings, knights and priests, and devils and angels, Mark Alder breathes fresh and imaginative life into the Hundred Years War in this unique historical epic.
- Author BiographyMark Alder is the pseudonym for Mark Barrowcliffe, author of Lucky Dog and Girlfriend 44. He has also written three novels in the Wolfsangel series under the name M. D. Lachlan. Mark writes for The Guardian and lives in Brighton with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Mark Alder
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Weight890 g
- Width165 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine56 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.