All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA middle-aged man living on Auckland's Waiheke Island recalls vividly the sudden death of his daughter Miriam. Grief silenced Adam at the time, but w he decides to break the silence and explore the secrets of the past. The search becomes a tribute to his daughter, and takes Adam from New Zealand to Poland. There he finds the truth about his past, but w he must live with it. On an island off the rocky coast of Sweden he re-connects with the love of his life. Sonata for Miriam is a heartbreaking tale of a man's search for his past, about the exposure of secrets that have been hidden for too long, and about the importance of talking about the most vital and the most painful in life. But more than anything it is a vel about love. Rich and satisfying, Sonata for Miriam will stay with the reader long after they have put it down.
- Author BiographyLinda Olsson's first novel, Let Me Sing You Gentle Songs, was an international hit. Hundreds of thousands of copies have sold in the US and Europe, especially in Sweden, where Linda is now a major literary figure. In NZ it has sold nearly 8000 copies. Sonata for Miriam is being published around the world, including by Penguin in the US, and similar success is expected. Linda Olsson was born in Stockholm, Sweden. She has lived in Kenya, Singapore, Britain and Japan and has been a permanent resident of New Zealand since 1990.
- Author(s)Linda Olsson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight209 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.