All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionA favored student and comrade of Mozart, and Haydn's successor as music director to the Esterhazy court, Johann Nepomuk Hummel (1778 1827) was considered in his lifetime to be one of Europe's greatest composers and pianists. For his craftsmanship and sense of 18th-century style, Hummel was thought to be a true representative of his age, an elder statesman of Viennese Classicism ( Grove ). His compositions for solo pia reflect his essential qualities of classical grace, melodic elegance, and brilliant virtuosity fully evident in this compilation of 15 of Hummel's most important keyboard works: Rondo, Op. 11; Sonata in E-flat Major, Op. 13; Fantasie, Op. 18; Rondo-Fantasie, Op. 19; Sonata in F Mir, Op. 20; Caprice, Op. 49; La Bella Caprissiosa (Polonaise), Op. 55; Variations, Op. 57; 24 Preludes, Op. 67; Sonata in F-sharp Mir, Op, 81; Sonata in D Major, Op. 106; La Contemplazione, Op. 107, No. 3; Rondo all'Ungherese, Op. 107, No. 6; Rondo Brillante, Op. 109; La Galante (Rondeau Brillant), Op. 120.Now pianists and music lovers can enjoy a treasury of Hummel's most representative pia music in this attractive, durable, and inexpensive edition, reproduced from authoritative Universal-Edition scores, edited by Charles de Beroit.
- Author(s)Johann Nepomuk Hummel
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/1996
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight614 g
- Width230 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.