All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMilkman Dead was born shortly after a neighborhood eccentric hurled himself off a rooftop in a vain attempt at flight. For the rest of his life he, too, will be trying to fly. With this brilliantly imagined vel, Toni Morrison transfigures the coming-of-age story as audaciously as Saul Bellow or Gabriel Garcia Marquez. As she follows Milkman from his rustbelt city to the place of his family s origins, Morrison introduces an entire cast of strivers and seeresses, liars and assassins, the inhabitants of a fully realized black world.
- Author BiographyToni Morrison is the Robert F. Goheen Professor of Humanities at Princeton University. She has received the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Pulitzer Prize. In 1993 she was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. She lives in Rockland County, New York, and Princeton, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Toni Morrison
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage International
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight349 g
- Width134 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $12.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.