All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhen he arrives on Neal's Island to begin ten days of intensive group therapy to treat his obsession for a woman he cant forget, he brings with him the pseudonym of Bloodworth. Pseudonyms are a requirement to participate in Dr. Carson X. Willingham's unconventional and often bizarre seminars--a deliberate lie to inspire the search for a needed truth. What he discovers is an island of ghosts, an island of intense, but fragile, relationships founded on deceit, and, yet, an island strangely harboring the yearned-for promise of healing. The same is true for Barkeep, Menlo, Max, and Godsick--his fellow members in the seminar, each with his own pseudonym and each suffering his own agony because of a relationship with a woman. Vastly different as individuals, yet suffering the same crippling malady of obsession, the five are t prepared for the antics of Carson X. Willingham. He is maverick and madman, a brilliant investigator of his subjects, a mesmerizing performer, and either a genius or a charlatan with a rare gift of persuasion. Willingham is also a man with his own demons, caused by his own history of obsession. It is in this environment that Bloodworth finds himself faced with the delicate question of honesty as he tries to free the memory of his Kalee, and begin his new journey into the uncertainty of what might be.
- Author BiographyTerry Kay , a member of the Georgia Writers Hall of Fame, is the author of fourteen works of fiction, including To Dance with the White Dog, The Book of Marie, The Greats of Cuttercane, Shadow Song, The Runaway, The Year the Lights Came On, and a recent book for young readers, The Seventh Mirror.
- Author(s)Terry Kay
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Weight644 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.