Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description- I had a dream where every time I ever did anything or went anywhere or said anything, people would say: 'Someone else just did that, you're just copying them aren't you?' Turns out I never had a single original thought my whole life. How scary is that? - That's funny. I had that dream too. In the city, there is who we are and who we want to be. Five desperate people make life-changing decisions to rescue themselves - and each other - through random acts of kindness. An urban fairytale of house wine, home porn, maps, cats and heavy metal, Songs of Grace and Redemption premiered at Theatre 503, London, in October 2007 in a production by Liminal Theatre.
- Author BiographyJohn Donnelly is a past winner of the Tom Erhardt Award, the PMA Award for Best New Writer and the NSDF Sunday Times Playwriting Award. His plays include The Pass (Royal Court), a version of The Seagull (Headlong/UK Tour), Little Russians (Tricycle Theatre/ First Blast: Proliferation Season), The Knowledge (Bush Theatre), Encourage the Others (Almeida Projects), Songs of Grace and Redemption (Liminal Theatre/Theatre 503), Showtime (LAMDA), Conversation #1 (The Factory/V&A/Latitude Festival) and Bone (Royal Court Theatre). John's work for television includes the short film Henry (Channel 4's Coming Up, 2013) and two episodes of Utopia (co-writer; Kudos/Channel4) and an episode of Glue (Channel 4/Eleven Films), both 2014. Most recently, he adapted his stage play The Pass for screen, produced by Duncan Kenworthy/Toledo Productions and starring Russell Tovey. The Pass was chosen to open the BFI Flare Festival before returning to BFI London Film Festival; it was the opening night film for NewFest and closed Twist: Seattle Queer Film Festival, all 2016.
- Author(s)John Donnelly
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight110 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.